Approximately 30,000 people in the U.S. are living with ALS. It claims some 5,600 lives each year. Our family has been affected twice - once in 1988, again in 2007. DefeatingALS.com is dedicated to raising awareness of ALS in memory of our loved ones.
In just a few minutes, you can help. Learn how you can raise awareness of ALS & make a difference.
DefeatingALS.com joined forces with the ALS Association - Massachusetts Chapter to bring the first Walk To Defeat ALS to the beautiful Berkshires. Over 230 people joined us for Sunday morning walk and raised over $30,000 on September 26th from historic Wahconah Park through our revitalized, vibrant downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Learn more...
EVENTS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
• NATIONWIDE: Participate in a local Walk to D'feet ALS. They are happening all over the nation. Find a walk in your area - visit The ALS Association.
• THE EVENT that started this website...
Green Bay Marathon, Wisconsin, May 21st, 2006: Frank completes the May 21st Green Bay marathon in 3:50:41. He leads a team of 19 runners & walkers and raises over $7,500 to help defeat ALS.
Sponsor donation total - over $7,500! THANK YOU!
Team Photos Full Story
About ALS (Lou Gehrigs disease)
• ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that attacks the motor neurons making even the simplest movements - walking, talking, gesturing, swallowing - nearly impossible.
• Approximately 30,000 people in the U.S. are living with ALS. It claims some 5,600 lives each year.
How You Can Help Defeat ALS
• Raising awareness about ALS is crucial. Learn more about this devastating disease.
• Do Local Fundraising - Start a local event to raise awareness about ALS.
• Support ALSA Public Policy - Contact your Elected Officials on important legislative issues.
• Donate to help defeat ALS - Make a donation to help fund ALS education and research.
Stay in touch by joining our email list