Get on our mailing list to receive updates!
Like us on Facebook to find more events!
Planning an ALS fund-raising event? Let us know -- we will post it on our Facebook Page for free!
• NATIONWIDE: Participate in a local Walk to Defeat ALS. They are happening all over the nation. Find a walk in your area - visit The ALS Association then enter your state or zipcode.
• PITTSFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS on September 26th, 2010: OUR TEAM, The Stella 12 Stringers, participated in the very first Berkshire Walk to Defeat ALS at Wahconah Park. The walk raised over $31,000. Read more...
DefeatingALS.com was pleased to join forces with the ALSA-Massachusetts buy chairing the inaugural Berkshire Walk to Defeat ALS.
The 26 385 4 Defeating ALS* team ran, walked, and cheered at the finish line party in historic Lambeau field, home of the world famous Green Bay Packers.
On May 21st, 2006 we came from the US and France to raise awareness and over $7,500 for ALS research. Our virtual team cheered us from all parts of the globe.
• SILVERTON, OREGON on September 5, 2008, A benefit at First Friday, to help the ALS Association's efforts to provide critical patient care to the 400 people with ALS living in Oregon.
• NEW YORK May 2008: Give to ZazAngels as a charitable wedding donation - In honor of Marika Hufford-Zaslow and and Saxton Popes wedding. Visit www.idofoundation.org.
• WILLIAMSBURG, VA The William and Mary Circle K Club (part of Kiwanis International) hosted their 3rd Annual "Strike Out ALS" Baseball Game in conjunction with the Tribe baseball team on Saturday, April 19th 2008 at Plumeri Park, and raised $5,700 for the ALS Association to help raise awareness for Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS). Thanks for supporting this event!
• GREEN BAY, WI, SEPTEMBER 22, 2007, Annual "Walk Around The Block": This walk was started 4 years ago when the former owner of Creative Hair Designs, Tim Pfaffendorf was diagnosed with ALS. His friends have been working hard to raise money in order to help find a cure...
• NATIONWIDE Custom-designed Green Bay Marathon Event T-shirt sales - all proceeds were donated to ALSA - Indiana. And, our team looked great in them on the day of the event!
• PRINCETON, IN, AUGUST 20, Community Benefit Concert & Dinner: Little Moe and the Atomic Two Tones concert and BBQ dinner at the Gibson County Fairgrounds. Raffle drawing for theme baskets, a Dell computer, a La-Z-Boy rocker and an Apple IPod Nano - all donated by friends of Steve Engels' family.
• DALLAS, TX, JULY: This multi-day neighborhood Lemonade Stand raised money for ALS, organized by Steve's sister, Karla (Engels) Schmidt.
• CHESHIRE, CT, JUNE: Teacher "Dress Down Day" raised money for ALS, organized by Steve's sister-in-law, Stephanie Engels, at the grade school where she teaches.
Start a local ALS awareness and/or fundraising event in your area. Here's some ALS fundraising ideas:
• Sell "Strike Out ALS" bracelets or hats, available from the ALS Association of Indiana.
• Sponsor a "Jeans Day" at your school. For schools with dress codes, students are allowed to wear jeans to school by donating $1.
• Start a "Penny War" at your school. The classroom collecting the most change wins a ice cream or pizza party. The rest is donated!
Planning a ALS fund-raising event?
Let us know -- we will post it here for free!
Our "Defeating ALS" fundraising flyer will help you promote your event. Download flyer (Word; 62K)